Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
· National program, celebrated thirty-one years in Tarrant County this year
· Threefold purpose-
o To help senior adults find places of meaningful volunteer service
o To help area nonprofits and medical facilities find volunteers
o To report those areas for the local and federal government to show that senior adults do make a difference
· 1250 volunteers serve at over a 100 agencies in Tarrant County; such as Meals on Wheels, American Red Cross, Fort Worth Zoo, River Legacy, Guardianship Services, various hospitals, city government, and school districts
· Funded through Corporation for National Service, Department on Aging and the United Way
Who is it for?
· Anyone over 55, retired or not that wants to volunteer in Tarrant County
What do I have to do?
· Please contact Jackie Manes at 817-413-4949 ext.226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
www.VolunteerMatch.org look for jobs categorized as RSVP.
· Personal attention to insure a good volunteer match and on-going consultation with staff as needed about different and additional opportunities (show Senior News Source)
· Free supplemental volunteer accident/liability insurance
· Newsletters and volunteer training opportunities
· Social events and recognitionsSatisfaction knowing you’ve contributed in showing the world that senior adults can make a difference.